English Fiction Writing Contest : “Celebrating Our Independence A Look Within”
Tanggal: s/d 25 Juli 2016
Biaya pendaftaran: Rp. 125.000
Fiction writing contest for high school and uni students to celebrate the Independence Day IDR 4M for the main winner. Free workshop with a publisher from The US.
- Contest is open to high school and university students in East Java.
- Submit a short story with the theme: We, Indonesians that addresses the topic of Identity. Some prompts to help applicants create their short stories are:
- What makes us Indonesians?
- How do we present ourselves as Indonesians in this global world?
- How do we nurture our “Indonesianness”?
- Each applicant is allowed one submission. Entry must meet all the requirements. Any entry not fulfilling any of the requirements will be automatically disqualified. (See Writer’s Guildelines below)
- Along with the fiction piece, each applicant must submit:
- A letter of recommendation from school/university affiliation stating applicant’s English proficiency level. Click here to download the recommendation letter.
- A Statement of Purpose for entering the contest (maximum 200 words) that also states the author’s williningness to join the writing workshop if submission is chosen as one of the 20 Best entries (see information below).
- A copy of the applicant’s student ID card.
- A transfer receipt of the entry fee payment.
- Email a scanned copy of the documents and a MS word file of the short story manuscript to email@example.com
- The 20 Best entries will be announced on August 08, 2016. Then, on August 18, 2016, those writers will join a one-day fiction writing workshop with Lian Gouw, a published writer and the owner of California-based Dalang Publishing: dalangpublishing.com. Winners will be announced at the end of the workshop.
- Please visit our site for more information and registration : bit.ly/ECIfiction
- 1st Runner Up : Rp. 2.500.000
- 2nd Runner Up : Rp. 1.500.000
- 2 Honorable Mentions : Rp 500.000 Each
- and will be considered for publication on Dalang Publishing’s website
Info dan kontak: